The Old Station, which opened October 4th 1847, was designed by George Townsend Andrews and is a Grade II listed building. It closed on November 27th 1965 when the York to Beverley line was discontinued.
Pocklington is a small market town and civil parish situated at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds in the East Riding of Yorkshire, approximately 13 miles (21 km) east of York. The town’s skyline is dominated by a 15th-century tower of All Saints church. The town’s architecture is a mixture of quaint old houses and modern buildings and the town has several unusual street names reflecting its history from the Iron Age onwards.